On October we wear Pink (for Breast Cancer)

October is Breast Cancer awareness month and I used the most popular Mean Girls line to get your attention.. Because apparently we have yet to learn to educate ourselves and our kids to go to the doctor’s for checkups. We need a whole month of pink ribbons everywhere to honour those who have lost the fight because they didn’t check themselves, those who have lost the fight because the regular checkups didn’t caught it, those who have lost the fight because they had no money to afford the treatments. We need a month of pink to honour those who have survived. We need a month of pink to remember that we are not invulnerable, we are fragile. We really need to start taking better care of ourselves. 

Breasts, boobs, boobies, tatas, melons, the girls, bazookas, call them whatever they need attention.


It was a challenge for me to take up this sponsored opportunity by Glamulet while they are generously donating 50% of this month’s earning from pink charms to charities that support breast cancer awareness. Not because I have my own story to tell and it's sentimental, mostly because I don’t. Truth is, I haven’t lost anyone really close to me. I haven’t seen anyone wither at the hands of this disease and turn around victorious. I was lucky to be raised in times when it is expected of me to go to the doctor for a yearly checkup. My school organized a seminar once, thanks to one of our teachers’ initiative and I learned a lot of things besides the basics that my parents taught me. Like how to properly self-exam my breasts. I am lucky to have health insurance that allows me to do checkups and consult with doctors if anything happens. I know that, not all of us have those privileges. Some of us don’t have time. I know, it’s a lame excuse when you face something so serious, but let’s face it, it’s not easy running a family and working! We postpone it, until it’s too late or until something happens. PLEASE DON’T. Go check yourselves, go to the doctors. I’m not going to bore you with stats, by now you know that, when caught early you have more chances!




What to do for yourself:

Besides regular mammograms? Easy! Ladies, you know your bodies better than anyone. While mammograms are more probable to detect anything before you can feel a lump, it is a good practice to give yourselves self-exams and get used to how your body feels and looks. That way you will be more alert and will notice any changes should they occur. Here are the instructions for a self-exam. Educate yourselves on the matter. The internet nowadays has every information you might need, however, it is better if you talk with a doctor. They will hear your questions and will be able to help you, guide you and ease your fears better than the random internet stranger (yes, including me, I know nothing).

What to do for others:

Do you know anyone who has cancer? Be with them, don't let them give up. Ask doctors, nurses, anyone who might know, how to help them. They need one hell of a moral support. Have you thought about donating money or time? You could volunteer for one or more of this month’s events, they happen in most countries and big cities so if you have time, go for it. You can volunteer time on Breast Cancer Charities all year long. If you are busy and have no time you can also donate money to your local charities, research centers etc, and you can also buy a Glamulet charm. They donate 50% to charities and you get a lovely charm to show your support as well! These are my favourites from their collection:
Find it here

Find it here
















Find it here
Find it here















Guys, sponsored post or not, the opinions are my own. I can't stress enough how important it is to check your overall health regularly. If you have a story feel free to share it in the comments. If you agree with me please share this post.